- Litentry’s Polkadot Governance App is open for public testing. Download for iOS or Android🤖(PlayStore, APK) to participate!
- The Governance app allows people to take Polkadot governance related actions with a nice UI/UX, push notification and identity features
- Play around and give us feedback through this Notion form, Discord channels or the ‘Feedback’ session inside the App
Decentralized on-chain governance is central to the design of Polkadot’s Proof of Stake system. It allows the blockchain to evolve “at the ultimate behest of its assembled stakeholders.” A myriad of voting mechanisms were integrated to give agency to participants and fairness to the process.
Litentry, as an identity service provider, seeks to enhance experience in and integrate identity to Polkadot’s on-chain governance to increase voter turn-out. We raised Motion #49 to propose a governance app for all Substrate-based networks in December 2020, and received a grant from the Polkadot Treasury to fulfill the proposal.
In short, the app aims to improve Polkadot’s on-chain governance experience by providing:
- User-friendly, neat UI/ UX interface to encourage user engagement
- Enabling Multiple cross-chain IDs adding to make account management more convenient
- Council member’s identity information to allow voters to make informed decisions
- Push Notification to let users stay updated on the latest activities of on-chain governance
Litentry is committed to serving our community through the products we build, involving the community through giving our community early access to them. One such example of our commitment is our governance mobile application which we are excited to announce is ready to open for public testing and we want to invite our community to contribute to the improvement of the app.
Invitation to participate:
We would like to invite the community to participate in the public testing of the mobile app and share feedback with us. User feedback will help us improve the application efficiently and provide a smoother user experience in their participation in governance when the product is officially released.
- Testing Period:Jan 26, 2022 — Feb 24, 2022
- Download the app for iOS🍎 or Android🤖(PlayStore, APK)
- How to test: we encourage users to explore the app at their discretion. No rules, just play around! If one needs some guide, please contact us on Discord.
- Give us feedback:
- Through this Notion form
- Via the ‘Feedback’ session inside the App
- Drop feedback and seek help on Discord
What does the mobile app do?
This Governance app provides a portal for people to take governance related actions on their phone. The UI/UX, push notification and identity features in this app have greatly smoothed out Polkadot’s on-chain governance process.
Improved UI and UX to Increase engagement
This app provides streamlined user interface and user experience to make participation in Polkadot’s governance simpler, compared to the WebView interface of existing options. As many web3 users are mobile only, a mobile app with a slim interface will greatly lower the hurdle of involvement in governance.
Subscription to push notifications for topics relevant to users
Subscribe to topics that are relevant and dear to you on the application. Once one do, can get a notification to act and check on a matter concerning the chosen topics. This has two advantages: Firstly, the user will not miss any new event around a topic of their concern; Secondly, it increases engagement in the long term as users are occupied and participating in the specific topics that truly matter to them.
Application features in detail
- Governance related actions:
- Check and vote for referenda
- Submit proposals for a referendum
- Vote for council elections
- Check the treasury proposals
- Check and propose tips
- Check bounties
2. Native wallet:
- Import an account with a seed
- Import an account with a JSON file
- Export account JSON file
- Create an account and generate a new seed
- See balance details
- Send fund
- Receive fund
- Sign a transaction
3. External account:
- Add an external account (existing Polkadot or Kusama account)
- Sign a transaction with Parity signer
- See balance details
4. Discussions: Keep up with the Polkassembly threads
5. Push Notifications: Set up push notifications preference
- Check parachains status
- Check parathreads
- Check auction
- Check and participate in crowdloan
- Check registrars
- Set up an identity
- Request a judgment
- Remove identity
- Send Feedback (mail)
- Turn on/off dark mode
- Know more about Litentry
In the following versions, UX and UI interfaces will be improved according to the feedback received from our community. In addition, more identity features will be integrated to enrich the Polkadot governance system.
As mentioned in motion #49, there are a few issues that undermine the governance system of Polkadot and Kusama, of which being low voting participation rate, insufficient identity information of councils, and inconvenient WebView interface. These concerns can be potentially mitigated with cross-chain identity data. In return, data of participation in governance of a certain Polkadot project will become a part of one’s identity on Web3. In addition, UX and UI will be improved as we go along
We hope this product will increase governance participation on Polkadot, and even open the door for more on-chain activity and engagement both on the relay chain and parachain projects.
How to give feedback?
There are three main ways to give feedback and submit bugs:
Thank you for reading and supporting Litentry!
Litentry is a Decentralized Identity Aggregator that enables linking user identities across multiple networks. Featuring a DID indexing protocol and a Substrate-built distributed DID validation blockchain, Litentry provides a decentralized, interoperable identity aggregation service that mitigates the difficulty of resolving agnostic DID mechanisms. Litentry provides a secure vehicle through which users manage their identities and dApps obtain real-time DID data of an identity owner across different blockchains.