Litentry this week: Team retreat, workshop, brainstorming
Litentry this week:
- Testnet: Initiatives for refactoring Litentry nodes
- Complete the MCP NFT contract /MerkleProof distributor
- Chinese and German team retreat: snapshots, workshop, brainstorming
- Litentry node refactor preliminary plan
- Research XCM related pallets
- Integration of parachain docker-image into our CI
- Investigation and documentation of “Removal of sudo” in parachain
- Research democracy and WeightToFee pallet
- Completed MCP NFT contract/MerkleProof distributor
- Upgraded Social Linker Extension to Manifest V3
- Integrated Sentry releases for Social Linker Extension and Webapp
- Added a guide on how to set an Identity
- Refactored identity and add update identity and request judgement
Chinese and German team retreat
This week Litentry’s work life takes place in two parallel universes: Moganshan, surrounded by tea plantations, and Oberstdorf, overlooking the Alps.
At present, Litentry’s team has expanded to 27 people, with members’ backgrounds covering Polkadot and Ethereum ecosystem, Rust development, full stack, cryptography, finance & economics, machine learning, product management, law, etc. Some of them have native blockchain genes, and some of them have transformed to crypto from traditional industries. Members are mainly distributed in China, Germany and the United Kingdom.
Since remote work naturally lack opportunities for members to get to know each other and work closely together, Litentry organizes team building events every other quarter to improve communication efficiency and explore new ideas. This team trip was no exception. In addition to almost all members attending and organizing the workshop, there were also investors who gave condusive guidance and help to Litentry’s future development plan.
Team trip snapshots
- The development of the metaverse, presented by Tim Baker, project management @ Litentry. This workshop mainly introduces the contribution of AR and VR technology in the establishment of the metaverse, and how blockchain provides data privacy, user identity, value transaction and a series of new opportunities for the metaverse.
- Parachain introduction, presented by our core developer Zhao Han. This workshop mainly introduces the development and the slot auctions of Polkadot and Kusama parachain, communication between different parachains, and the technical architecture of Litentry parachain.
- Graphic design process and style, delivered by Jutta, who is responsible for graphic design at Litentry. This workshop mainly introduces the design process that facilitates efficient collaboration and time estimation in graphic design, as well as branding.
- The application of Litentry Pallets. Currently there are four Pallets on the Litentry parachain, including identity, funding, governance and NFT. These Pallets are relatively well developed now, next they need to be utilized in the form of products and applications, which can then be leveraged by the community.
- My Crypto Profile will focus on “discovery” in the next product upgrade after completing the first phase of its “authentication” and “display” functions. It will help users discover online identities with similar tastes/interests based on data and algorithms, increasing user engagement and building scale.
- The overview of NFT industry. We believe NFT itself is going to be here to stay and will evolve into many forms that are highly integrated with the community. We see that there is great competition in the field of NFT issuing and trading marketplaces, while there is still a lot of room for other NFT applications to grow.
- The rise and future of the data indexing and analytics industry. We saw that it took more than two years for the data analytics platform Dune to emerge, subject to the amount of data on Ethereum to grow to where it is today; Similarly, data analytics products for Polkadot system will most likely need to grow, accumulate, waiting for the time of Polkadot data explosion to come.
Above is part of the team discussion and exploration. Pay close attention to our future plans! We look to bring you more of our product updates.
Litentry is a Decentralized Identity Aggregator that enables linking user identities across multiple networks. Featuring a DID indexing protocol and a Substrate-built distributed DID validation blockchain, Litentry provides a decentralized, interoperable identity aggregation service that mitigates the difficulty of resolving agnostic DID mechanisms. Litentry provides a secure vehicle through which users manage their identities and dApps obtain real-time DID data of an identity owner across different blockchains.