Litentry partners with iMe to enable DID mass adoption in social media
We are thrilled to announce our new strategic partnership with iMe messenger, to extend on-chain identification to social media and increase adoption.
iMe is a messenger based on Telegram API, with integration of artificial intelligence with Neurobots, as well as a fully functional crypto wallet. It allows users to purchase crypto asset with fiat, store them and transfer to your telegram contact in one-click. As of Jun 1, 2021, iMe has over 2.3M total downloads and 200k daily active users.
We believe iMe Messenger is ambitious and really put into the effort to shape the future of decentralised social media with outside-the-box imagination. Therefore, we are excited to partner with them to provide an array of functionalities to iMe users. This will help in driving adoption and improving awareness of DID in non-crypto populations.
DID x Messenger
1. Litentry will integrate on-chain data of iMe wallet users to its identity aggregation protocol. This way, iMe will become a part of user’s DID and help them avail DeFi services across different chains and dApps based on their activity on iMe.
2. iMe will integrate Litentry’s innovative DID aggregation API and computation model into their platform. As a result, a new Litentry interface will be activated on iMe user profiles.
3. Users can link their addresses across multiple chains with their Twitter account as of now. In the future, they will be able to use their Telegram handles as well.
4. Users can find and showcase all their cross-chain crypto asset holdings (NFT & FT) under one head in their dashboard and get a birds-eye view of their on-chain financial activities.
5. Litentry integration will enable users to display their on-chain identity computation output (On-chain governance participation score, credit rating, and liquidity providing history). It can be shared with third-party dApps for preferential treatment.
As a result of the iMe-Litentry partnership, LIT tokens, the utility token on Litentry, will be supported by iMe wallet. As their platform evolves and they integrate more functionalities like lending and borrowing, Litentry identity data will be used to filter out risk profiles based on their credit score and activity across chains. Litentry integration will enable iMe to make informed decisions and mitigate the chances of failure.
iMe is a Smart platform with the Telegram-based messenger, Crypto Wallet, and DeFi tools. The central idea behind the project is the empowerment of Telegram users through the functions of DeFi, letting people manage cryptocurrencies easily in a user-friendly and secure interface, connecting mainstream and crypto communities.
Litentry is a cross-chance Decentralized Identity (DID) Aggregator that enables the linking of user identities among multiple decentralized networks. Built on the Substrate framework and featuring a DID indexing protocol, Litentry provides a decentralized, verifiable identity aggregation service that removes the redundancy of code and the hassles involved in resolving agnostic DID mechanisms. Litentry’s DID Aggregator is compatible with all DID standards, and powered by a reliable DID data interface. Everyone can build and submit DID methods to Litentry, making identity data easily accessible in Web3.0.