We are pleased to announce the launch of IdentityHub Alpha, our latest identity management tool that prioritizes privacy and security.
IdentityHub (IDHub) Alpha enables users to link their identities, maintain a trust score, and generate verifiable credentials for controlled access and data sharing to blockchain applications. It is a solution to the privacy problem caused by misusing user data. Users can control who can access their data without revealing personal information or wallet address. Service providers can offer targeted services with authorized personal data and protect user data rights. Creating an identity on IDHub ensures personal data protection and an anonymous yet richly identifiable web browsing experience.
IdentityHub Alpha has 3 components that work together to provide a seamless and secure experience for users managing their digital identities.
- Verifiable Credentials (VCs): VCs serve as a robust and tamper-proof container for user data. They allow users to share specific aspects of their personal information with decentralized applications (dApps) or enhance their IDHub Score, minimizing the risk of data breaches and unauthorized access.
- Web3 User Score: This is a conceptual scoring system that assesses a series of web3 and web2 user behaviors using verifiable credentials, creating a reliable and intuitive user rating metric. Projects can customize the Web3 User Score to evaluate users within their own community with a suitable scoring system.
- Identity Linking: This feature simplifies the process of managing multiple digital identities. Users can link their identities across various networks, enabling a comprehensive and unified profile that remains under their control and adheres to privacy standards.
Our team has carefully incorporated several advanced technical solutions to ensure privacy, security, and usability while staying humble and open to improvements. These solutions include Trusted Execution Environment (TEE), adherence to the W3C Decentralized Identifiers (DID) Standard, and the implementation of an Identity Graph.
Alpha Testing is currently invite-only, but we will open it to more users as the product becomes more mature. The alpha testing is scheduled to happen on April 13th.
Alpha Testing Timeline
🟢 Now — April 12th: Sign up for a chance to be a part of the Alpha
🟢 April 10th: Check your eligibility on Twitter
🟢 April 13th-17th: Alpha Launch✨
Join our Discord to communicate directly with our team, report any issues, and share suggestions for improvement! The feedback loop is crucial for improving IdentityHub Alpha to meet user needs. Your insights and experiences will shape its future development.
🎁 Proof of participation
All participants in the IdentityHub Alpha testing will receive a verifiable credential of a certain block height as proof of participation, acknowledging their involvement. This VC makes users eligible for future quests, identity benefits, and campaigns, and can leverage use cases in the IdentityHub.
Upcoming Product Testings
This testing phase will cover all of the above features, with the primary goal of gathering valuable feedback on feature usage, user experience, and network stability. Currently, testing is expected to occur as follows:
- IDHub Alpha: IDHub will be hosted on a Staging Parachain, which is an internal test network including relaychain and parachain run by Litentry. The product’s functionality aligns with that of the real environment, but restoration may occur. All the VCs generated during the testing will be taken into account as proof of participation by our team.
- IDHub Beta: Hosted on the Rococo Parachain, a public test parachain that is connected to the Rococo Relaychain. Beta testers will receive a VC on the Rococo Parachain.
- IDHub Public: Launched officially on the Litentry Mainnet, a public production parachain that connects to the Polkadot relaychain. Participants will receive a mysterious reward for their valuable contribution.
We will release updates and enhancements during testing based on feedback. Our team is dedicated to making IdentityHub Alpha secure and user-friendly for the Web3 community. Thank you for your patience as we work to meet high standards in digital identity management. We know there’s always room for improvement, so we’re refining IdentityHub Alpha based on user feedback and industry standards. Join us in creating secure, private identity management for the Web3 era.
Let us know…
We would like to hear your thoughts:
- What opportunities would you unlock with your private-first identity? Loans and KYC? User growth? Gate-keeping?
- What types of Credentials would you like to generate and share? 👀
- In which projects or areas do you feel your identity is being revealed too much?
- What type of identities would you like to attract to your community?
There are many things you can do with your identity.
Have you considered authorizing, hiding, airdropping, personalizing, staking, proving, attracting, showing, incentivizing, aggregating, authenticating, claiming, growing, accessing, unlocking, customizing, linking, upgrading, or rewarding your identity? What will you do with it?
Some use cases to get you thinking when generating your Credentials can be:
- User trustability — loans, trades, KYC
- User loyalty — Community Management, User growth
- Fact check — gate-keeping
Litentry’s Verified Credentials help you to share your personal data in all these scenarios without exposing unnecessary account information.
Moving forward, we’ll explore new features, including advanced privacy-preserving techniques and more customization options for VCs. We look forward to learning from your experiences and expectations to enhance IdentityHub Alpha.
Litentry is a privacy-preserving Identity Aggregation protocol that enables granular access to and control of data. Featuring a DID indexing protocol and a Substrate-built distributed DID validation blockchain, Litentry provides a decentralized, interoperable identity aggregation service that mitigates the difficulty of resolving agnostic DID mechanisms. Litentry provides a secure vehicle through which users manage their identities and dApps obtain real-time DID data of an identity owner across different blockchains.